What's your stand on marijuana's..
Courage. Integrity. Loyalty.
Cadet 1st Class Gemalyn Deocares Sugui graduates as the Valedictorian of the PMA Masidlawin Class of 2020.
She becomes the sixth female cadet to top the graduating class of PMA— the Philippine military school of the Armed Forces of the Philippines.
Sugui is also the recipient of the Presidential Saber, the Achievement Award for Academic Excellence, the JUSMAG Award, the Philippine Army Saber, the Spanish Armed Forces Award, the Social Sciences Plaque, the Management Plaque, and the Rule of Law Award.
The Masidlawin Class is composed of twenty-three female cadets and 173 male cadets.
Apart from Sugui, four more female cadets in Masidlawin class placed in the top 10.
Here are Masidlawin Class’ top 10:
- Cadet First Class Jade Villanueva from Tacloban City
- Cadet First Class Jefferson Salazar from Zamboanga City.
- Cadet First Class Rotes Gaile Jamandre from Lamut, Ifugao
- Cadet First Class Jeb Bay-an from La Trinidad, Benguet
- Cadet First Class Catabay Ladyong from Tabuk, Kalinga
- Cadet First Class Vanelyn Angel Tabao from Tuguegarao City
- Cadet First Class June Giel Anne Factor from Piddig, Ilocos Norte
- Cadet First Class Rubenson Abgao Maliwanag Baroy, Lanao del Norte
- Cadet First Class Dencel Aina Bayaca of Floridablanca, Pampanga
Moreover, this year’s graduation rites of the academy will not be open to the public, including the parents, due to the threat of the coronavirus disease 2019 (covid-19).
Sugui, who hails from Echague, Isabela, is a daughter of a farmer and teacher.