What's your stand on marijuana's..
Health Secretary Francisco Duque III confirmed the Philippines is now experiencing the 2nd wave of the coronavirus disease 2019.
“Ang first wave natin happened sometime in January noong nagkaroon po tayo ng 3 Chinese nationals from Wuhan," the health chief told senators in a hybrid meeting. “Iyon po ay kinikilalang first wave, maliit lang na wave.”
Duque was referring to the first three cases of the disease in the country, who happen to be Chinese nationals from Wuhan, China.
After the third case was confirmed on February 5, the Department of Health reported no new cases of the disease for a month. Until on March 6, two new cases were reported by the health bureau and they are both Filipinos. Since then, the increase has not stopped.
“Pero ngayon, asa second wave tayo at ginagawa po natin ang lahat para may flatten ang curve, parang nang sa ganoon ay magkaroon po tayo ng sapat na panahon na mapaunlad at maitaas ang ating kakayahan as a sistemang pangkalusugan,” the DOH chief said.
Duque did not give further information about the second wave, such as when the second wave began and what parameters were used to determine the timeline.
Moreover, the health chief warned about having a 3rd wave, had Metro Manila abruptly shifts to general quarantine.
As of May 19, 2020, there are now 12,942 cases of covid-19 in the country. The death toll is at 837 while 2,843 patients have already recovered.