"Throw your trashtalk at the mom not at the child." -Kris..
When we were in college, all we want is to graduate and get rid of the deadlines and stress that school is giving us; but when we reach that phase, we’re doomed with the question, “what will happen next?” We’ll lose track of what we really want in our life and have to deal with post-graduation anxiety.
We’re pressured with the thought that we should figure out what our lives will be, who we wanted to be and how are we going to achieve the goals we set. We start to question our skills, our capabilities and even ourselves. Seeing your batch mates pursuing their passion and getting ready to face the real world sometimes makes you feel envy -- that you have to be like them, do the things they do and work as much as they do. And it’s not easy going through that midlife crisis.
How to deal with Post-Graduation Anxiety:
1. Don’t rush. You don’t have to do and understand each and everything immediately. You cannot go to different places in just a matter of seconds. You are running in your own timeline and you’re never late. There’s no shortcut to success. Take one step at a time
2. Be patient. All good things will come to the right person at the right time. Like the cliche line, “Kapag hindi hinahanap, tsaka lumalabas”. There will be times when you badly need something but you can’t have it, then the least you expect it to happen, it just fell into your hands and you’ll be very thankful you patiently waited.
3. Rest your mind. The more you think about the future, the more you become afraid to face it. Learn to live in the moment and worry less about what will happen tomorrow. You will have the break that you’ve been looking for and everything will be all worth it.
4. Trust the process. There is always a purpose in everything that’s happening in your life. You are still blooming while you are waiting. Every step will lead you to what you wanted to be. Just think that the universe is telling you to gain experiences, then I’ll let you be the person you wanted to be, I’ll give you the stairs towards your dreams and you will have all the things that you prayed for.
5. Stay inspired. Focus on the things that would make you look at the brighter side of life. Do the things that motivates you to strive harder and will push you to be the person that you wanted to be.
Life is tough, it’ll make you feel like you’ve had enough but have the courage to face your fears and be bigger than your “what ifs”. No matter how dark it gets, you’ll do it and you can make it!